Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI cord too short

The HDMI cord is too short for streaming player to sit directly in front of tv thus I have to get up and go closer to TV for remote to work. Will any HDMI cable work? Does Roku make a longer one? Would probably go with a different streaming device because of this.

5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: HDMI cord too short

What device and what kind of TV?  If it's a 4k capable device connected to a 4k TV then you'll need a high speed cable.  If either of those isn't true, then pretty much any cable will work.  For what it's worth, I get my cables at the dollar store and I've never had a problem, but I don't need 4k.  You will have fewer problems if you use the shortest cable that you can.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: HDMI cord too short

Depending on the model of Roku you have,, which is? You can switch to using wifi  remote and have roku out of the way completely. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
lesleyb
Reel Rookie

Re: HDMI cord too short to get from back of entertainment center to next shelf for remote to "see"

I just bought the Roku Express 4K+ and have the same problem.  My HDMI plugs into back of entertainment center and the cord is not long enough to establish a clear line of sight for the remote.  How about 6" longer to go from one shelf to another.  Seems cheap.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Re: HDMI cord too short to get from back of entertainment center to next shelf for remote to "s

The Express 4k+ comes with WiFi remote, you don't need line of sight. 

Edmund

lesleyb
Reel Rookie

Re: HDMI cord too short to get from back of entertainment center to next shelf for remote to "s

Thank you for reply.  I thought I read in the set-up instructions about pointing remote at "spot" on left side of Roku box.  Very helpful answer.  I had a previous Roku and it started giving me the blue swirling ball all the time while watching a program or telling me I had no internet; when I checked internet it said "excellent".  Hopefully new unit will work better!

0 Kudos