Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twigboy
Channel Surfer

Re: Frozen on Screensaver, buttons not responding

Jump to solution

And so at this point I know it is not the remote or screensaver.  I'll be looking in other sections of the support forums, focusing on retrograding.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@twigboy

Thanks for the post.

If you are stuck on the bouncing Roku logo, have you tried performing a factory reset on your Roku device and setting it up again to see if that resolves the issue?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lenama

Jump to solution

Unplugged everything and changed batteries .

when I turn the TV first I got the ROKU logo, than the screen listing the channels.

Can’t go anywhere after that. There is no navigation ability no matter what I press.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Lenama, you need to give us a lot more information.  Is this a RokuTV or a Roku device connected to your TV?  If it's a stand-alone device, what's the model number written on it?  Have you tried simple things like changing the batteries in the remote?  Is this a new problem that just started?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Lenama

Jump to solution

Yes, I did unplug everything that could be unplugged.

when I turn on the TV I get the ROKU Home Screen but I can’t get any of the arrows to move.

0 Kudos
TheTor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Have you tried downloading the Roku app and used the digital remote within the app to see if you can get the arrows to move?

Also, is your Roku connected to wifi via a 2.4g or 5g connection?  For the longest time, I had issues with my remote not working and someone recommended that I change my Roku wifi connection to 2.4g and I haven't had any problems since!

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

SOLVED...Same here...no reason I could think of for this issue.  Look around and this worked for me.  I have a simple remote with a hardwired connection so I knew it was not related to wireless issues.  Turns out that after connecting with the phone app, I saw that the remote device was asleep.  So I replaced the bad batteries did system restart through the settings->system-> system restart and pressed the pairing mode on the remote. All good.  Watching TV on couch again...wife thinks i should have left it alone and gotten exercise instead.

I think that the remote batteries drained and somehow the remote could not communicate properly with the roku box and needed to just be re-paired.  I did not perform a hard reset as I was trying to avid that route.

0 Kudos
twigboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good news.  I’m wondering if the remote pairing breaks then the remote spends a lot of time trying to connect, meanwhile the Roku device thinks that the remote is still connected and all the while the remote is draining the batteries.  We go through them faster in the Roku remote than any other remote we have or ever used. I’m trying to convince the family to use their phones as the remote— I may get a dedicated phone for the purpose. Either way, Roku engineers should already know this stuff. 

0 Kudos

Re: Frozen on Screensaver, buttons not resp0onding

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. I've had a a ROKU over ten years and never had a problem, now a brand new upgrade and the remote is a piece of #@&*.  None of the helpful hints are helpful and "there is a problem submitting my (issue)" 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Frozen on Screensaver, buttons not resp0onding

Jump to solution

@soontobeexuser

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more details about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using? What specific troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos