Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: FREE HDMI EXTENDER APPLICATION IS NOT WORKING

@July1302 wrote:

Thanks for your “advice” that is unhelpful.  I literally only need 3-4”, not 10’.  Nowhere did I blame Roku.  Maybe you should reread my post.  

Says the one who moved their TV up on the wall……  ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
July1302
Channel Surfer

I don’t see the relevance.  People don’t move tv’s?

0 Kudos
July1302
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F Serial number S08Y422N2ECG

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@July1302 wrote:

I don’t see the relevance.  People don’t move tv’s?

Error messages and TV moving are not the same.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @July1302,

Thanks for following up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you through email.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
July1302
Channel Surfer

@Michelle3 Bottom line, if you buy a qualifying device, you get an extender.  It doesn't matter if you use it or throw it away.  The reason is irrelevant.  Who knew asking a question would get people irrationally angry?  Smiley LOL

Edited to add: my husband found an extender in a drawer.  CRISIS AVERTED.

giraffe23
Channel Surfer

Re: Free HDMI Extender. I cannot fill the form. The page have problems

I also bought a stick and it came today. I am having lots of trouble getting the HDMI extender for free from ROKU. I even tried going to device settings and finding the serial number. In addition, the number on box does not work either. It is a new stick. I don't know why I am having trouble getting a HDMI extender. 

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Free HDMI Extender. I cannot fill the form. The page have problems

As was stated by @makaiguy, there is nothing special about the official Roku HDMI extender; it’s only 3-4 inches or so.  You’re better off buying an extender from Best Buy, Amazon or Walmart that is way longer than the Roku extender. In fact, I’d recommend a compact Roku box over a Stick any day. 
~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Vakko
Roku Guru

@July1302  The FREE HDMI extender was intended to help people install there Roku Stick when the TV had an awkward HDMI position. Some older TVs have an HDMI port pointing downwards. Now if the TV is sitting on something it makes it impossible to plug in the Stick. Certain Sticks also had issues with weak WiFi and overheating. That is also why the extender was needed. But you created the issue. Not Roku. Therefore the issue falls upon you and not Roku. 

That's like putting huge mudder tires on your Jeep and telling the dealership that your vehicle is noisy while driving down the highway. 

Michelle3
Roku Guru

@July1302  Plus, your replies are irrelevant, because in so many ways, a compact Roku box is way more qualifying than a Stick.  Roku isn’t even responsible for the way your TV set is set up, so you ain’t gonna blame them.  You didn’t get no error message or anything at all.
~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X