Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thadcaper
Reel Rookie

Re: Fast Forward Speed TOO Fast

Same problem with my Roku Ultra 2019. FF and RR not usable with Amazon Prime. Moves minutes in advance with with one tap. Useless. I happens with Prime. Terrible user experience. 

0 Kudos
Tex20

Found the issue posted on Amazon Prime. They state that the slower FF and RW features are now the arrows on the roku remote, not the ff and rw buttons. Seems to be the answer. Now just have to retrain my brain.

thadcaper
Reel Rookie

Thanks much for response. Crazy Amazon expects people to use the Roku remote differently than the dozens of other channels, and crazy that Roku allows for that bad UI. Hopefully they'll correct the real issue one day so we don't have to remember different controls for different channels. Thanks again! 

BigHomo

big difference. thx. im hating roku. no live customer support.  insane inability of remotes to do standard **bleep** unless maybe you buy the top tier products.  and i need to see whats going on while i rewind and fast forward.  need to rewind often due to hearing problems.  is there any way to see whats going on while you rewind or fast forward on roku like on a real dvr?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It's up to the channel to implement that and is supposed to be mandatory, but as you've seen Roku doesn't make everyone play by the same rules.  At best, all you get is thumbnails at about 10 second intervals.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
CaptainGray
Reel Rookie

For slower rewind and FF use the big wheel at the top of the remote.

I find it helps to stop the video first then hit the button.

Turn on CC for hard of hearing. Closed captions.

0 Kudos
catnap64
Reel Rookie

renojim- thank you so much! It's funny, now it seems kinda obvious to do this but it never occurred to me, lol! I thought it was going to be some lengthy set of directions to change a setting, so what a relief to have such a simple solution! 👏

(I have a Hisense Roku TV and Philips Universal Remote)

0 Kudos
deepseer
Binge Watcher

This is definitely a ROKU remote issue. Ya'll see, the remote's first click fast forward/rewind speeds are auto set at a minimum of 4X speed. However, on different platforms the minimum 4X speed is different. On SLING, one click ff/rw = 15 seconds. On HULU, one click ff/rw = 4 seconds. So why is the auto first click fast forward and rewind speeds set at 4X, and not 2X ???  This is the crux of the issue, how to get the auto first click ff/rw speed set to 2X. I watch SLING most of the time, so yes, when replaying stuff from the DVR, this continues to be very frustrating having the ffw speed go through 30 seconds of the program I'm trying to watch, after going through the commercials.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@deepseer
Thanks for the post.

Please be that the Fast Forward and Rewind buttons for each channel are not standardized and that each channel has their own settings for what those buttons will do. Have you tried pressing the back or forward directional buttons to see if that helps? 

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Baybee

I am having the same issue with Fast Forward and Rewind/Reverse being WAY TOO FAST, even at the lowest speed, in the Spectrum app. There is no way to control the speed. It just zips forward or backward. Is there no way to slow them down?

0 Kudos