Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Express+ Remote won’t pair with Samsung TV

@ElJefe  Thanks for the clarification. Our of curiosity, do you have another TV in the house that you can try testing the remote power and volume control setup on, to see if it works with that TV? If not, it may indicate an issue with the remote itself. 

Let me know what you find out and we'll continue assisting you from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
ElJefe
Channel Surfer

Apologies for the delay.  I tried it on another Roku on a different TV, it was able to control the Roku but had the same issue of NOT being able to sync up with the TV (an LG).  So from that test, it seems that the remote is the issue.  What are my options with that?  Is there a way to fix the remote, or do I need to get a new remote?  A little concerning that the remote was a little over 1.5 years old and now it isn't working.  Any recommendations, thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

@ElJefe  Thanks for the info. To confirm, are you following the steps outlined here to set up your remote for TV power and volume control? https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828

If you aren't able to control your TV using the first code that is selected, you may need to follow the additional steps listed here to select the correct code for your TV: https://support.roku.com/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-...

Try going through the process once more and let us know if you still need more help from there. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
ElJefe
Channel Surfer

I was following the instructions, and would get through all 50 codes and it would end with it stating that it can't pair.  Wasn't working at all then later in the evening just started to randomly work for volume and power for the TV.  Do you think it is a remote going bad?

0 Kudos
Reedpower23
Reel Rookie

Hi. My remote did same thing . When it first ask you did the music stop playing . Just press YES even if you hear the music . It will pair. 

Sig17

I am having the same problem pairing with a 60 series Samsung, smart TV. Only eight possible options were available and none worked. There appear to be at least seventeen Samsung codes listed on Google, for manual entry but of course, manual codes cannot be entered with Roku. Any suggestions? Is there another brand TV that may have corresponding codes?

0 Kudos
Reedpower23
Reel Rookie

Just use first code . Even though it says not working . It will still work when you exit out 

DonnaAnn

Mine pairs snd all works except turning it on.  My other roku remote does everything.   My phone app does just roku but I have a Samsung app that did volume and off.  I bought this hoping for on button.  Love my TV and remote.  I will try in a few months to see if you get this bug fixed in an update.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

I just purchased the Ultra LT and having the same issue with my Samsung TV.  I have tried all 50 codes to try and shut off music.  NO LUCK!  I even tried to try the first 5 codes as suggested and "just say yes and it'll work"... NOT!  Any other wise words or suggestions?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Are sure your Samsung tv accepts IR remote all the time or do you have to turn IR sensor on through the menu? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos