Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Idaho7C
Reel Rookie

Express 4K+ 3941X connectivity via HDMI-3 null and void

Actually, I do not think this is a Remote problem but, since the Roku device was set up and worked all of two times, now the HDMI-3 input message prompts that there is no device to connect even though the Express 4K+ remote itself turned on our Smart TV.  I performed all the basic troubleshooting steps (i.e., power unplugged, removed and checked batteries, checked all cables, and even reset the device).  The remote is positioned line of site with the Roku device.  This Roku was purchased in July 2022, but only recently installed.  As stated, it was working.  Setup was successful.  But now... nothing.  I am not a tech-savvy Boomer.  Is there something else I should do?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Express 4K+ 3941X connectivity via HDMI-3 null and void

The remote has nothing to do with Roku getting power? So, how is it powered by supplied usb power adapter or connected to TV usb port? Use the included USb power adapter is the preferred way, try different usb power adapter from your cellphone? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Idaho7C
Reel Rookie

Thank you, Tivoburkee.  The Roku device is powered by the supplied USB power adapter and connected to the TV via the HDMI-3 usb port.  As previously stated, it was working just fine.  Now it is not.  Why would it just quit after only two uses?  Using my cell phone is not an option.  Is there something else I should do?  I appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Idaho7C 

If you pressed the Power button on your Roku remote, then you turned the TV on. (the power and volume buttons are TV controls only --they do not affect the Roku device).

Try pressing the Home button on the Roku remote to wake up the Roku device and try using a different HDMI port.  (also make sure the HDMI cables are firmly attached at both ends --remove and reinsert).

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos