Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhimanyu

Enhanced remote worth extra $20?

I'm looking to buy a TCL 43" Series 5 4KTV this week, and Best Buy has it for $300 while Amazon has it for $320. The only difference seems to be that the one at Best Buy comes with a IR remote, while the Amazon one has the 'enhanced' remote that does not need line of sight. My question is in your experience, would you think that the enhanced remote is worth the $20 difference, or should I just save my money and get the cheaper one?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
cjj
Channel Surfer

Re: Enhanced remote worth extra $20?

Probably yes - so many have problems with batteries drained on remotes after a few days and Roku does nothing about it.  I have this problem and it is super frustrating.

0 Kudos
cjj
Channel Surfer

Probably yes - so many have problems with batteries draining from remotes after a few days - no one at Roku seems to care or solve the problem.  Very disturbing and frustrating.

0 Kudos

Does the enhanced remote use RF to communicate with the Roku device (stick or module)?  Will it penetrate wood cabinet door and not require direct line of sight?  My connection to TV is via either HDMI or USB port inside cabinet on RV.  Not access to back of TV without disconnecting from wall mount.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Yes, it's Wifi remote, a kind of RF that goes through walls. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.