Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xBECK7x

Re: Enhanced remote won't control RCA TV power or volume

Our TV is a RCA SmarTVirtuoso.  I tried several different brands and nothing was working.  I started typing in Virtuoso to change the brand.  I took the brand that came up after I typed in Virtu... and it worked.  I can't remember which brand it was.  But I guess if you have this problem with a TV, just keep trying different brands.  Eventually, maybe one will work.  Hope you all get yours to work.

0 Kudos
CSE93

I was trying all the above codes on my RCA tv and none of them worked until I got to Proscan. For me it was code 1

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

FYI, the original RCA company has been liquidated/out of business since early 1986 when they were bought out by General Electric Company.  Then, in the fall of 1986, GE sold its stake in RCA’s record assets to Bertelsmann, which later renamed its RCA/Ariola International joint venture to Bertelsmann Music Group in the spring of 1987.  Then, in the summer of 1987, GE sold its consumer electronics divisions, including RCA’s consumer electronics division, to Thomson SA (now known as Technicolor SA since 2010), which later formed its own consumer electronics division, Thomson Consumer Electronics, in the spring of 1988, and its pro series electronics division, ProScan, replacing RCA’s Dimensia product line, in 1990.  Eight years after the latter division formation, the company formed a sub-label for media electronics called Thomson Multimedia.  Then, in 2000, it formed a joint venture for telephone electronics called Atlinks, with Alcatel (now folded into Nokia as of summer 2015).   In 2003, the trademark rights to all of RCA’s assets, excluding its record assets and the NBC television network subsidiary, were acquired by Thomson SA, and since then, the brand was licensed for marketing to other companies, including TCL, Telefield, Canada-based Curtis International (known in the US as ON Corporation) and Voxx International (formerly Audiovox Corporation).  A year later, GE sold a 20% stake in NBC to Vivendi which owned Universal Studios at the time, and signed a licensing agreement with Jasco Products Company (they still have a licensing agreement to this day).  In 2005, the Atlinks name was integrated from telephone products released through Thomson.  Then when Thomson was acquired by and folded into Technicolor in 2010, GE’s consumer electronics division reverted back to GE.  So technically, RCA and ProScan are the same brand.  ~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos