Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Enhanced remote won't control RCA TV power or volume

A few years ago RCA fooled around with there IR code set so no previous remote would work on it, it lasted a couple years and then the RCA tv's where using the LG code set from then on, you might have one of those models. Sounds like you have done everything you could, switch to a roku that takes IR, and get a learning remote for the tv commands. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

If you have a cell phone or tablet with a camera, view the front end of the remote while pressing some buttons.  If your remote works you can see it via most cameras.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
gb1
Channel Surfer

Thanks, checked the IR signal with cell phone camera and seems to be working. Guess I'm going to return the remote unless someone has a revelation, doesn't seem to work with my RCA TV.

I appreciate the responses!

0 Kudos
dcrn

Try Samsung codes. It worked for mine 

SparkyMB
Reel Rookie

I have a RCA TV that I tried the suggestions in this post with no luck. By sheer accident I found a picture of my remote online.... it was for a Seiki TV. Tried Seiki and got success on Code 1. Have been trying for quite a while to find the right tv code to use.

gradywhite

Using Seiki worked for me.   Thank you

I have an RCA TV and selecting Proscan brand worked! None of the other ones mentioned seemed to work, but codes 6-8 under Proscan did. I was looking online for a replacement remote for my RCA when the Roku remote wouldn't control volume or power, and I found that a Proscan remote is suggested as a replacement RCA remote. Figured I would try it under Proscan, and ta-da! Good luck.

mjchad

Thanks to the last poster.  My RCA TV (model # RLDED3258A) also worked with Proscan as the brand selected.  The second one worked for me.

0 Kudos
Pap-Sap

Proscan worked with mine as well.  Wish I would have seen this post before I bought a sidekick for Roku remote.  Thanks

0 Kudos
SparkyMB
Reel Rookie

Set up remote with another RCA in the house.... Proscan code 6 worked. OF INTEREST: Roku identified the TV as a Sansui, but none of those codes worked.

0 Kudos