Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedSoxPhan

Does the Roku Pro Remote have the capability to

Jump to solution

find a specific channel with voice commands?

so I have Directv, Hulu, and Sling.  I just purchased the $30 voice remote Pro.  My problem is if I ask Roku to play ESPN for example, It tells me to download the app.  I have ESPN in 2 of the 3 above stream companies. 

is there a way to setup the remote so I can say “Hey Roku, play ESPN on Directv.”  My result is the above.  It brings me out of the Directv app to the main Home Screen and it Tells me I need to download ESPN app.  My purpose of buying this remote was to be able to change channels without using the remote (which in my opinion is sub par).  I also tried the same command for Hulu and Sling to no avail.

any help would be appreciated as I can’t find anyone asking my question(s) anywhere on the web.

ty

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Does the Roku Pro Remote have the capability to

Jump to solution

Hi @RedSoxPhan,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about the voice command feature of the Roku Voice Remote Pro.

For more information about using voice commands, here's a link to our support page to find out more about feature: What voice commands can I use with my Roku streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Additional topics you might find helpful: 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Does the Roku Pro Remote have the capability to

Jump to solution

Hi @RedSoxPhan,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are inquiring about the voice command feature of the Roku Voice Remote Pro.

For more information about using voice commands, here's a link to our support page to find out more about feature: What voice commands can I use with my Roku streaming device? | Official Roku Support

Additional topics you might find helpful: 

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos