Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Do all Roku’s drain remote batteries so fast?

@Imrosed

Thanks for the reply.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Imrosed
Binge Watcher

Ok- this is very unhelpful. I am pretty sure I already knew the remote is out of warranty.

The reason I came on here to find out what Roku is doing about a faulty remote.

Why would I buy another one, when this one isn’t working properly? I’ve owned several Roku products and NEVER had this problem before. I think that most people have a reasonable expectation that remote batteries- no matter what brand - will last more than a week. 

0 Kudos
Pmp7310

Been having the same issue with battery drain every week or two. This is ridiculous 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Pmp7310,

Thanks for reaching out regarding the battery drain issue you are experiencing.

We recommend trying to remove and reinsert the batteries if this helps resolve the issue.

To help troubleshoot any remote issue further, follow this link: How to fix your Roku® voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device.

Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wolbachc
Binge Watcher

My issues never resolved.  Because I  never received help in a timely fashion, they are no longer under warranty. The only thing that did help was removing the batteries after every use.  This is a Roku problem of many and needs resolving.

0 Kudos
Imrosed
Binge Watcher

Re: Voice Remote Draining Batteries

I agree. I was told to provide my serial # etc and once I did, was told it was no longer under warranty. Oh, and I could buy another Roku…right I’m going to run right out and do that…This remote is barely a year old, if that.  I’ve owned multiple roku devices and never had the issue with batteries draining in a week or less. In fact, they would last months, as this one did when I first got it.

I recently tried another solution that was offered by Roku to do a factory reset on the Roku itself . Definitely a pain, because you have to re-log into half of your channels. That was about a week and a half ago, and am currently at 78%, so we’ll see. It seems like it can show a high number and then stop working suddenly 

Sorry for the rant, but agreeing that Roku is not offering a solution to something that’s obviously their problem. 

0 Kudos
Wolbachc
Binge Watcher

Re: Voice Remote Draining Batteries

I will never buy a Roku again.  I have 3 with the same issues.

0 Kudos
Xalqee
Reel Rookie

My batteries in remote drain in less than a week.

device was purchased last month.

model # 3941X

software version 11.0.0.4193

Serial number X01600YTPUL

what is solution to this?

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

@Xalqee  if you have a standard IR or Wifi-Direct Remote, replace the batteries with better ones.  Or, if you have a Voice Remote Pro, replace the USB charger with a better one.  

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Xalqee
Reel Rookie

Standard remote, batteries that came with it drained, have replaced twice with Duracell…all in less than a month.

Sounds like this is just a faulty product, If I can’t get a response from Roku, I’ll just return it and get a Firestick

0 Kudos