Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djarvis8
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

Model 4230X - Roku 3

Software version 9.4.0 build 4210-04

Issue Id: 54-189-930

A/V receiver:Onkyo tx-nr797

TV: LG 55lm8600

Remote used to control AVR power and volume.  Now it does not, out of the blue.  No icon in the corner of the screen or anything.  Tried a whole bunch of things to no avail.

Liza3
Reel Rookie

Re: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!

Jump to solution

My voice activated Roku remote lost volume and mute functions after an update today, May 12.  I performed all the recommended fixes but none worked.

Model 4663rw-Roku Ultra LT

LG tv

Issue ID  03-189-935

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks, everyone!

I have passed your information to our team to investigate further. Once we received an update, we'll let the Community know immediately.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
dazzlynrio

Jump to solution

Thank you!! Yes it stopped working right after the update.  Works now though 😄

0 Kudos
Ddots5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku ultra model 4660x2

Samsung q70 with surround bar

You are fast losing a huge Roku advocate!

Finally got the re pairing instructions to work.  It took 5 tries.  Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Jchavez22

Jump to solution

My Roku remote lost volume and tv control today and then after I tried to fix the issue Roku said on screen my Samsung tv does not work with remote. I have a insignia model ns42p650a11

jcarolev

Jump to solution

Roku model: 4670RW Roku Ultra

TV model: LG 47LW5700

Issue ID: 97-190-184

0 Kudos
dsnipes09

Jump to solution

I'd 13-190-227

0 Kudos
AudreyAD1
Reel Rookie

Re: 5/12 Update on Roku Ultra 4670X killed TV control

Jump to solution

I tried the suggested fixes but they have not worked on any of my four tvs with ROKU.  the volume buttons still do not work.  This has been going on for a couple of weeks.  When can we expect a solution?  

Audrey

KARIZA WROTE:

Thanks for the post. 
We are aware that a subset of users may have lost TV power and volume functions on their remote after the latest OS 10.0 update. Some customers impacted have the following remotes:

• Voice Remote
  • Enhanced Voice Remote

Please be aware that we are still investigating the root cause for why this happened.

In the meantime, please set your Roku Remote again for TV controls. Navigate to Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes > [select your remote] > Set up remote for TV control. For more information about this setup process, visit our FAQ here: https://support.roku.com/article/115013019828.

If you're still running into an issue, and this function worked before the latest update, please respond to this thread with the following information:

• Your Roku device model
  • TV make/model and AVR make/model (if applicable)
  • Issue ID (Attempt the instructions above to Set up your remote for TV Control. If your remote is still not controlling your TV power and volume, then please obtain an Issue ID. To generate an Issue ID, on your remote, press Home 5x then Back 5x (next to Home) in quick succession, and you'll see an Issue ID pop up on your screen. Let us know what that Issue ID is here).

Once we have this information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to look further into.

All the best,
Kariza

0 Kudos
eferrell
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the Roku Ultra with Roku voice remote. I'm only using the audio on my Insignia TV. Since the software update to Ver10 I've lost the use of the remote controls for volume up/down and the mute buttons. All other buttons on the remote work including the power on/off button. 

I've removed the batteries, powered off the roku box and reversed steps but still can't use volume or mute buttons. 

Roku Ultra system was purchased in the last year.