Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mdarrish
Binge Watcher

Control Supersonic TV power and volume

Jump to solution

I have a Supersonic SC-1311 tv that I am trying to use with a Roku Ultra streaming box. The Roku set up process detects the TV as a Changhong product and none of the 42 or 43 codes the remote outputs  controls the TV volume or power. Once, I was able to force the Roku to try Supersonic brand codes, which also do not work.

If anyone has been able to control a Supersonic TV, could you please explain how (I've written to Roku support and Supersonic support - no answer, so far)?

I'm also not willing to pay for a universal remote for a $130 TV. I have just a few more days to return the TV for a full refund if I cannot get it to work. 

I am willing to try to enter another TV brand, as some of the boards in the TV are OEM parts and may have the correct codes. I have not been able to easily force the Roku to let me enter a TV brand. If anyone can tell me how to do that without a complete factory reset (which deletes my account), I would be most grateful.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mdarrish
Binge Watcher

Re: Control Supersonic TV power and volume

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, none of the codes that the Roku remote sent for Sharp or Toshiba worked. Are there any other likely TV manufacturers that you would suggest?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@mdarrish

Thanks for the post.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide some insight regarding your issue as he's currently our resident remote Community expert.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Try sharp & toshiba tv brands. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mdarrish
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, none of the codes that the Roku remote sent for Sharp or Toshiba worked. Are there any other likely TV manufacturers that you would suggest?

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I've seen multiple universal remotes for under $10, so I'm not certain why you would be against that option. I also responded to the other thread you created. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
mdarrish
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@atc98092 Thanks again for the research and response. My goal for the remote is to have one device to control the TV and Roku player. I could use an Ultra that I already own to do an IR-only if it would control that TV or another brand, though the stick is a more elegant approach. 

I’m accustomed to paying over $150 for a learning remote, but see some for under $50 that claim to learn IR codes. Thanks for the suggestion.

0 Kudos
Cyno01
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
mdarrish
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Cyn01: I do not see any text in your post. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

If you're lucky to have roku that accepts roku IR commands then you could use aftermarket universal remote, and for obscure tv brands make it learning universal remote. I like the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote, can be found for about $12.00 on ebay. And it is learning remote that works with roku great.

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

Edmund

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mdarrish
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee @Thank you for the suggestion. That approach worked with an old Harmony remote. However, I ended up with a larger name brand TV (Samsung 22”) and a Roku Streaming Stick+ which knows the codes to control volume and power. It’s a more compact solution than the Ultra, so I returned the Supersonic TV.