Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VTUYL

Can't sign into HBO Max. Roku forces subscription via Roku Pay

I can't sign into my HBO Max account and HBO says it's a Roku issue.  It forces me to select "subscribe" and then pay via Roku Pay - doesn't give me option to subscribe on the HBO Max app where it would give me an option to sign in.  This app worked up until I recently moved.  I've reinstalled the app, reset settings, tried everything I can think of.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't sign into HBOMax/Roku forces subscription via Roku Pay

I don't have HBO MAX so I can't give a definitive answer but ...

On some other apps I've tried you had to click on an item to view before the option to log into an existing account appeared.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Cmagherusan
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue for Pureflix of which I already have a Subscription. It flies right by the sign on screen to subscribe. It won’t allow me to sign on. Very annoyed.

0 Kudos
Cmagherusan
Reel Rookie

I tried factory reset and I’m having same issue

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cmagherusan,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Have you tried removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel'? Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. Then sign in again.
If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
You can reach them here: Support : Pure Flix (freshdesk.com)

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

My HBO Max access is through my cellular plan with AT&T, and I can log in with that method. It's been a while since I completed the login, so can't remember what specifically I had to do. But it's absolutely possible to log into Max on a Roku without subscribing through Roku.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos