Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Can't get GR-14 remote to pair with 3810-X

Jump to solution

I recently paired my 3810-X stick with a remote from my other Ruku box with a headphone connection. I didn't realize it would not work with a headset but the controller worked fine. I now tried to pair its remote (GR-14) back with the 3810X and followed all the steps but it will not pair. The home page shows up fine, When I repower the remote the two green lights on the front flash in sequence fairly slowly. If I hold the pairing button on the back they flash more quickly but I do not see the pairing screen and it does not pair. I have followed the instructions to the letter but nothing works. Any help greatly appreciated. Tom Hale

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get GR-14 remote to pair with 3810-X

Jump to solution

The gr14 remote will NEVER pair with the 3810 stick+ or ANY current model of roku. Reason? Its bluetooth only, only two models of roku will pair to the gr14 remote, the roku 2 xd & xs. Sorry. Current roku remotes use wifi-direct and not bluetooth. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

The gr14 remote will NEVER pair with the 3810 stick+ or ANY current model of roku. Reason? Its bluetooth only, only two models of roku will pair to the gr14 remote, the roku 2 xd & xs. Sorry. Current roku remotes use wifi-direct and not bluetooth. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Edmond,

I had read that earlier BUT that is the only other remote have and am sure it was used with the 3810-X.

I will look around and see if There was another remote but don't believe so.

Thank you again.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

The GR14 remote looks like the Roku 3 RC03 remote, which is wifi-direct. The other differences is the gr14 has two lights under the green & blue keys, where the RC03 has one. And RC03 also has headphone jack and volume keys. 

If it says GR14 in the battery compartment, it is definitely bluetooth, and would never pair with the 3810. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Edmond,

Again, thank you for the help Yes, it is indeed a GR-14 so I have no idea what happened. I will look around for another remote as we have had several Roku players in the past but this one is in our guest house and there is no other remotes there. A mystery for sure.

0 Kudos