Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I buy any roku remote for my roku TV?

I have a Roku TV and I lost the remote. Would any Roku remote on here work that I buy?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Can I buy any roku remote for my roku TV?

Of course you can. The voice remote pro. But for free you can download the Roku Remote Control app for your iOS device or Android device. 

Roku Voice Remote Pro | Rechargeable voice remote with TV controls, lost remote finder, private listening, hands-free voice controls & personal shortcut buttons for Roku players Roku TV, & Roku audio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0916RDGMD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_W7EK0SEA4E7R8ZG1KMD1

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@MalJayLaysMom-

Remotes that come with Roku TVs are supplied by the TV manufacturers, not Roku.

All Roku TVs will support any of the Roku "Voice Remotes".  You may be able to find these locally at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc, or of course at online sources like Amazon, eBay, and from Roku itself. These are point-anywhere remotes that connect to the TV via WiFi-direct, and must be paired to the TV to enable them to communicate.     

Remotes supplied with Roku TVs connect by infrared (IR) and are relatively inexpensive.  They "just work" without being paired to the Roku TV.  You may be able to find them locally at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, etc, or of course at online sources like Amazon and eBay, but not from Roku.  Roku TV remotes from any Roku TV manufacturer and from third party suppliers are largely interchangeable and can be used with Roku TVs from other manufacturers*. 

• * NOTE: Remotes from HiSense and Sharp can only be used with HiSense and Sharp Roku TVs because they issue a different set of IR commands than the rest of the Roku TV manufacturers.  The Roku TVs from HiSense and Sharp themselves, though, support both sets of IR commands so they can be used with remotes from any Roku TV manufacturer. 

Thanks to @Tivoburkee for this info.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
demsd
Roku Guru

@MalJayLaysMom wrote:

I have a Roku TV and I lost the remote. Would any Roku remote on here work that I buy?

Absolutely! Check out Amazon.

40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

You can't beat the Onn Universal 6 remote at Walmart for $11.88:

onn. R113663 6-Device Universal Remote - Walmart.com

Its learning remote, it accepts Advanced Codes(EFC), which are 5 digit codes for individual functions. Works great with both Roku Streamers (code 3061) that accept IR remotes, no Sticks. And works great with Roku tv's (code 4398). Will give you access to 0-9 keys for use with antenna or live tv for direct channel access on Roku tv's only. And it has backlighting. 

If you're in to Jp-1, and have cable you can program this remote with your computer. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos