Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aar0n

Brand new batteries (dated Mar 2031) 0%

New batteries are hardly recognized by remote and for only seconds, at that. Does anyone have a solution? I did not find another post that specifically addresses only this issue. (refer to pic captions for further details) This is the current device the remote is paired with. However, we have 5 devices in the house and swap remotes based on needed power controls for a particular room.This is the current device the remote is paired with. However, we have 5 devices in the house and swap remotes based on needed power controls for a particular room.

Remote barely registers the new batteriesRemote barely registers the new batteries

All contacts have been cleanedAll contacts have been cleaned

Both batteries have same test resultBoth batteries have same test result

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Brand new batteries (dated Mar 2031) 0%

Hello @Aar0n

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have forwarded your concern and information to our team. I'd recommend keeping an eye on your email since they'll be reaching out to you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
homebre973

I have the same problem.  New batteries work or 5 seconds and then says remote has no power.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @homebre973,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team in order to assist you further in this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device so we can assist further.

Please keep us posted.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos