Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcs9526
Reel Rookie

Bought Brand new roku express device

I ordered a new Roku simple set up device. My remote does not work even when I go close to the TV. I have another Roku device on my other TV that works just fine and I use it on the new Roku that I just purchased and it works.  I even put in new batteries but it does not work and it does not work on my other TV I think I have a bad remote how do I get that replaced

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Bought Brand new roku express device

There are several variations of the Roku Express and Express+.

So, I have a few questions:

1. What is the model number of your Express device?  Find it on either the bottom of the device unit itself, or the bottom of the box.  It should be something on the unit itself like “Model No.” and then the four digits following it, as well as the letter X.  Bigger outboard box models, along with Stick models, would have this info printed on the sticker label on the unit itself in a white text, while the smaller box ones have it printed in a black outlined/moulded text.

2. Have you tried moving the device to a more stable spot?  Some Roku remotes are standard IR-based and some are WiFi-direct/RF-based.  If the remote is IR, make sure you’re able to see the device.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
jcs9526
Reel Rookie

Model 3930x on device and 3930R on box. Ive moved apparatus, no luck.  My other remote works on both tvs but the new remote does not work on either

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @jcs9526,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community! 

I'd be happy to look closely to see how we can help. Try taking a look here for tips about troubleshooting a simple remote: How to fix your simple remote that is not working.

If you still have any issues with your Roku remote, please provide your Roku device's serial number so we can assist further. Each Roku player has its serial number or device ID printed on the bottom or back of the product. 

Please keep us posted.

Regards, 
Nimfa