Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
domelexto

Best Non-Harmony Universal Roku Remote?

Bought a new Roku Express for the bedroom and I despise the cheap-o five ounce Roku remote it came with. It also does not handle my TV power nor volume for the Samsung LCD in the bedroom.

What's the latest and greatest universal remote that works with the Roku? I have a Roku Ultra with the high end Harmony with Harmony Hub in the living room (and it works great) but I don't want to spend that kind of money for the bedroom.

Looking for recommendations for a typical ~$20 universal remote that is physically bigger than the Roku remote, and has full functionality for all the Roku buttons like the Back arrow and Home button (except the ad buttons, I never use those).

Any suggestions on what's out there and what actually works? Been to several sites and read many amazon reviews but can't find that right one yet. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Best Non-Harmony Universal Roku Remote?

Try the Onn 6 universal remote, sold out on Walmart, try ebay:

onn 6 universal remote: Search Result | eBay

This will take advanced codes or EFc's, which are 5-digit codes fior individual functions, like disney+ or apple tv and such. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Best Non-Harmony Universal Roku Remote?

Or go for the 8-in-1 version under One-For-All brand on amazon:

Amazon.com: One For All Universal 8 Device SteriTouch Antimicrobial Television IR Remote Control : E...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos