Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
igtoideno

Are there any better remote options for the Roku TV??

I don't really want to resort to voice commands. I like the basic remote, but it's a shame it comes with four set app buttons instead of letting you customize your own ones.

I'd essentially like to have a quick button for some of the HDMI inputs and maybe one or two apps. Are there any options for this Do I have to use a Roku brand remote or can it work with universal ones?

I have a Hisense 75R6E3.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Are there any better remote options for the Roku TV??

Yes, universals will work with Roku tv, I like UEI made remotes like the Onn 6 universal sols at walmart:

onn. R113663 6-Device Universal Remote - Walmart.com

It allows you access to advanced codes or efc's, these are 5-digit codes for individual functions like hdmi 1, or apple tv. 

Another UEI remote is the Inteset 422-3/4 :

Amazon.com: Inteset 4-in-1 Universal Backlit IR Learning Remote for use with Apple TV, Xbox One, Rok...

If you get the one of these, come back, I'll give you codes and instructions to map them to keys. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Are there any better remote options for the Roku TV??

You don't need to use voice commands with a Voice Remote - they have the usual complement of Roku buttons.  I seldom use voice commands.  When I do at all, it's usually to fill in a text entry field verbally instead of using the cumbersome virtual onscreen keyboards.

The Voice Remote Pro also has two buttons you can program to execute a command entered one time by voice, along with a built in rechargeable battery and an earphone jack for private listening.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos