Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ynkno13

Anyone know if the Roku remote has codes for this TV that I can't find the brand name?

I have an old small display that my grandfather gifted to me that he bought on Amazon probably ten years ago that I have attached to my kitchen cabinet. I have a Roku Express 4K+ plugged into it and want to try to find the remote codes for it so I can control the power and volume, however this thing has no labels on it whatever. No stickers indicating a brand, no splash screen when the display turns on, nothing. If anyone has an idea, here is an album of the TV front, the only sticker on the back, and a menu just in case it looks familiar.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Strega
Roku Guru

Re: Anyone know if the Roku remote has codes for this TV that I can't find the brand name?

This looks vaguely like some monitors I have used for flying drones etc. I don’t recall mine having any provision to be driven by a remote control. (ie: it may not even have an IR receiver.)

ynkno13

Re: Anyone know if the Roku remote has codes for this TV that I can't find the brand name?

I was hoping that white plastic cover on the right side was an IR receiver but that doesn't mean there actually is one underneath.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@ynkno13 

That came back as a Bestview BSY708-M field monitor. 

https://alexnld.com/product/bestview-bsy708-m-7-inch-camera-monitor-digital-field-lcd-800x480-hd-mon...

https://www.amazon.com/Bestview-BSY708-M-Digital-Monitor-High-definition/dp/B01MQEMZYR.

----

There may be other sizes, but that looks at least the brand name.

----

Edit... I don't see any remotes included with the package, so I think @Strega is correct that probably not equipped with IR remote capability.  Does look like it has a 3.5mm jack (probably for headphones) so may be able to equip it with an IR receiver through the 3.5mm port.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102