Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lazanca
Reel Rookie

All remotes not working properly after last update

Since the last update none of our remotes are working properly. It has to do with the power button and the volume.  It's not just ours but also at another house. These are all pro voice rechargeable remotes. I re paired all of them. As usual support is of no use.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: All remotes not working properly after last update

You may have to go through the procedure again to configure the remote for TV control under Settings->Remotes & devices->Remotes->(Voice remote)->Set up remote for TV control.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

And when programming remote, it no longer asks if the music stopped, but instead asks if the music is still playing. So now you have to click yes for it to try another code instead of the old way which was clicking no. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
dcchuck7

Seeing similar problem on roku express 4k+ (3941X).  Battery pop-up appears to interfere with changing of volume using Roku remote.  Tried full factory reset on Roku, re-pair remote, set up remote to control samsung and factory reset Sound bar and no change, feels like a software problem with that battery level displaying.

Roku 4k+ -> Samsung TV -> Zvox sound bar 

controlling soundbar over optical cable from TV remote and Tivo remote (setup for samsung IR codes) works fine, Roku struggles when the battery level (fully green) pops up. 

Why does battery level have to pop up every time you press volume button???

0 Kudos