Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Accessing Channels without having to scroll through 300 channels...

@948493 

Unfortunately, Roku doesn't use numeric remotes in their navigation.   Although a couple or users have reportedly gotten some to work, I think with some programming (if memory serves me correctly).  Certainly not something everyone can do though and I think it was very limited.

---------

@kat5374 may want a numerical remote to eliminate the need to scroll. (did not see that info in posting). However, since that is currently unavailable, the information provided may make life a bit easier eliminating some of the un-needed scrolling.

-----------------

As for the repeated advice/criticism of the users/members in the Community by other members for making certain purchasing decisions, it really should be avoided.  The purpose of the Community is to help users with issues they are having with the Roku devices they own.  Not to tell them they would not be experiencing these issues if they were not so "cheap".   And not every thread has to be turned into a multi-page argument and **bleep**-for-tat.

This is a Roku Support Community, not twitter.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

@AvsGunnar  Thank you. I think threads should be locked after a short time. So many threads are reopened by comments that’s are even 2 years old. And according to the community guidelines if a thread is old than 6 months you should make a new one. Mods should close threads

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If you have Roku tv, even universal remotes as old as the Sony rm-vl600 will give you access to number keys 0-9 for roku tv's. Cable & Directv oem remotes from 15 years ago will now give you 0-9 commands that work on Live-tv or antenna connection. Try code 12049 in the White Directv remotes. Some universal & oem remotes only give you access to tv power or volume. You need ones with a better code. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Streaming Star

Okey-dokey duder.  

0 Kudos
Streaming Star

Well said.  Folks should try to help when there are legit issues, not wag their finger and lecture.  

0 Kudos
Streaming Star

Just an option, but you may want to try using a LAVA HDTV DVR box (less than $50) in between your antenna input and your Roku TV input. Not only will you get DVR capability for your antenna channels, but you can use the box remote to control your channels and access your guide.  It does take a little reading and practice for a novice to get used to, but may give you a big improvement in your user experience.  By doing this, you watch your antenna channels through one of your TV inputs, just like how a dvd/Blu-ray player would integrate with your TV, as they also use their own remotes.  

This is where I got mine:

https://antennadeals.com/DVRVideoRecorder.htmlhttps://antennadeals.com/DVRVideoRecorder.html

Unfortunately, it looks like they may be out of stock at the moment in most stores, but I bet eBay has some   

There are probably some similar but better antenna DVR options out there on the market, just do a little googling or Amazon searching   Be sure to read reviews to help understand what you are dealing with   

0 Kudos
Streaming Star

Maybe try adding a DVR box (you can get one for ~$50+) that comes with its own remote?  You would connect your antenna to the DVR box, then connect your DVR box via HDMI or RCA cables to your TV input port.  Then you setup the DVR as a new input on the main app screen of your Roku, instead of using the default live TV option. This would allow you to regain a lot of control by using the DVR remote.  I have something like this setup and it works well.  

0 Kudos
RICKMN69

seriously be nice if you are going to respond

0 Kudos
Melissa13

I’m with you! Going from channel say 535 to my antenna channels takes awhile! I was hoping there’d be an actual answer on here!!

0 Kudos
RWWatkins
Reel Rookie

Good answer.  So, I'll never buy another Roku TV again!

It's a disaster for my 94 year old father!

0 Kudos