Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belgailian
Reel Rookie

4k stream stick refuses to pair with tvs

Just got a 4k streaming stick, but the remote  wonte pair with eather of my TVs (emerson and lg) it try's 7 times and fails each time.  

I also have a older stick that has no problem pairing with eather tv, so this is making no sense to me. Any help be appreciated 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: 4k stream stick refuses to pair with tvs

Try pairing the remote that won't work with the stick that does work.  If you can get it to control the TV when paired to the "working" stick, take it back to the new stick and pair it to the stick, but skip the part when it wants to configure the remote for TV controls.  Press Home or the reset button or cycle the power once you get to that step - anything to get past that step.  The remote should still work with the TV and should be paired with the stick.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Belgailian
Reel Rookie

Tried that and same results. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Are you using the included usb cable with bump in it? The is what the remote actually communicates with not the stick itself. So, no original USB cable, no remote. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Belgailian
Reel Rookie

Yes and I'd call it more then a bump. It some device included in the cord, should I use an normal cord?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

No, it has to be the original  one with long-range wireless receiver built-in. If yours doesn't work it might need replacing? 

Edmund

0 Kudos