Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babad
Reel Rookie

3 out of 5 remotes need batteries changed every week!

Jump to solution

My 3 newest roku devices need the batteries changed weekly. Is there any fix for this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 3 out of 5 remotes need batteries changed every week!

Jump to solution

@JustinLee85

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to send a private message (PM) now? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Babad,

We appreciate your contact.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MelissaW
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How do you get to a customer service rep? My remote batteries continually drain! Thank you

0 Kudos
Hank2

Jump to solution

I have same problem. I use new batteries.I watch ROKU no more than three hours per day. I do not use ear phone addapter. This is expensive and annoying. 

0 Kudos
JustinLee85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here. I have had the Roku Ultra for less than a month and the battery on the remote is completely drained. 

From what I've found by looking at the forum: seems to be a VERY common issue. Some issues are that if you move the remote too much, since it can be used as a game controller, it apparently drains the battery. Not sure why it would do that if you're NOT playing a game, seems like it would be a simple firmware update to make it so that it doesn't use motion sensing if you're not playing a game.

Others have suggested it might be because you're using the headphones. Ok, I get that.

For me, I have used it ONLY as a remote, picking it up to change the channel, or navigate the menu, and putting it back down. If that's draining the battery, I don't know what to tell you. How else are we supposed to use a remote?

I also found out that new members cannot easily send PMs to Roku employees, supposedly some sort of anti-spam measure. Ok, but then how in the heck are we supposed to get help? Why can't we have a button or online form to submit a ticket about our problem? Why isn't there a way on the Roku itself to send a support ticket, thereby cutting down on spam?

Was super happy with the Roku until this remote draining issue. Been using my phone for the past few days as a remote because I can't find any method to get customer service. How are customers the priority if we're blocked from all methods (commonly used in almost every other product I've had in the past) of communication? I mean seriously?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MelissaW @Hank2,

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About.
Please keep us pOSTED.

Thanks,

Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JustinLee85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What do we do if we can't send PMs? I recently created my account and can't send PMs

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JustinLee85

Thanks for the post.

Are you able to send a private message (PM) now? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Babad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes.

0 Kudos
Babad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

[personal information removed]

Serial#1.  X004001YGHCH

Serial#2  YH008Y782070

Serial#3 YJ000G442037. 

As i said before, there are 3 of them that have this problem. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

0 Kudos