Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shely515
Level 7

while entering info remote stopped...won't start

bought my mom a Roku SE. It all connected great. I was entering in an email and password when it suddenly stopped responding.   Tried power cycling and new batteries. No change! Ideas please???? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: while entering info remote stopped...won't start

Test the remote to see if its sending IR commands by pointing it at your cellphone camera and pressing a key if you see flashes the remotes fine. It might be the roku itself froze up and might need to be factory reset. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Shely515
Level 7

We downloaded the android app and that works but the remote does not. It does not seem to be getting an ir signal 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Roku sells the simple remote but its on back order, if you go ebay route do not buy a roku remote with a power key on top, it means its roku tv remote and is useless with roku se. 

I would get the One-For-All urc7935, open box on ebay are around $10.

P1010420 (800x600).jpg

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_kw=One+For+All+Universal+Remote+Streaming%2C+Control+3+Devices+St...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos