Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nanlee
Reel Rookie

what kind of earbuds for the new voice remote pro?

Jump to solution

just got the new remote pro with voice and cannot fine what type of earbuds to get, could someone help,Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nanlee
Reel Rookie

Re: what kind of earbuds for the new voice remote pro?

Jump to solution

Thank you is this the one for 15 or 8?  I’m very in to trying to get. One of ROku earbuds. Please let me know. Thanks again nancy

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Wired, comfortable ones, I like the roku headphones they sell. You can get the premium ones for $14.99 each, or a 4 pack of them for $39.99. Scroll past the remote, and cables on this page:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

So Roku is no longer including their purple earbuds with their audio-jack-equipped remotes, eh?

About any old earphones you have around (or purchase) with the required 3.5mm jack should work.  You don't need a set with a built-in microphone, as it wouldn't be used anyway.

I don't know about this new remote, but when earphones were used with earlier remotes that had audio jacks, remote battery life took a significant hit.  The earphone amp in the remote operated whenever phones were plugged into the remote, whether viewing the Roku or not, so it was best not to leave the phones plugged in when not being used.

Many find it preferable to install the official Roku app on their phone or tablet and use the app's remote listening capabilities, either via the device's speaker or attached earphones.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
dathead2
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have a brand new Roku headphone i don't want and will part with it for just postage costs. Which these days is probably at least five bucks. PM me if interested 

Roku Ultra 4660X
software-version 11.0.0
software-build 4193
Roku Media Player 5.5.13
0 Kudos
nanlee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you for your help, I just wasn’t sure when you are 80 years young and trying to stay up with this crazy world it’s a big help to fine someone like you.  Thanks again nancy

0 Kudos
nanlee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you is this the one for 15 or 8?  I’m very in to trying to get. One of ROku earbuds. Please let me know. Thanks again nancy

0 Kudos
nanlee
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you I had tried to fine these and had no luck, just didn’t go far down enough. Thank you for your time. Nancy

0 Kudos
Orrin
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I use  Koss R/80 headphones. My ears cannot tolerate earbuds. The headphones apparently use more

power sine the remote needs charging more often than advertised!

0 Kudos