Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

voice remote does not hear me

I just bought this Roku Express+ with voice control today for my parents (who really don't understand technology nor would have the patience to type what they want into the search bar). In testing the voice feature, pressing and holding and speaking like a loud slow robot, the question mark in the purple circle telling me to "press and hold the microphone button while you speak" appears. The button works, I am assuming it doesn't hear me even though I am practically screaming. The voice feature is the only reason I bought this, and if it is spotty or hard to work my parents won't use it.  I tried replacing the brand new batteries, turning on and off, nothing works. Is the remote just broken? Sad, considering it is brand new. 

1 Reply
Level 20

Re: voice remote does not hear me

Don't speak Apache to it, I hope you don't have an accent, I was born in Brooklyn but left when I was twelve. Smiley Happy Are you asking it for too much of it? It can do titles, names anything more and you have troubles. 

Edmund
0 Kudos