Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

trying to pair enhanced remote in place of a standard remote Roku Premier

Jump to solution

I am trying to replace a standard remote for Roku Premier with an enhanced Roku remote.  The Roku box is only finding the standard remote that is already paired and not detecting the enhanced remote.  How do I switch the remotes so I can use the enhanced remote instead of the one that came with the Roku Premier? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: trying to pair enhanced remote in place of a standard remote Roku Premier

Jump to solution

The original premiere remote is IR only, it will not show up under "Remote in use", there is nothing to program it just works, so you can't disable it. Your Premiere roku will accept both kinds of remote signals IR & Wifi. The Enhance Voice Remote is Wifi, it is the only one that will appear under "remotes in use" you can use the IR remote  to enter Remote &  Devices> and click on Remote in use, but the info is for the Wifi remote, not the IR remote. 

The headphone jack on the Enhanced voice remote will not work with the roku premiere, lowest model of roku it works with is the Premiere+. Sorry. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: trying to pair enhanced remote in place of a standard remote Roku Premier

Jump to solution

The original premiere remote is IR only, it will not show up under "Remote in use", there is nothing to program it just works, so you can't disable it. Your Premiere roku will accept both kinds of remote signals IR & Wifi. The Enhance Voice Remote is Wifi, it is the only one that will appear under "remotes in use" you can use the IR remote  to enter Remote &  Devices> and click on Remote in use, but the info is for the Wifi remote, not the IR remote. 

The headphone jack on the Enhanced voice remote will not work with the roku premiere, lowest model of roku it works with is the Premiere+. Sorry. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos