Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronfelder
Roku Guru

stick plus remote one a new wifi connection

Jump to solution

i'd like to bring my roku stick to some one else's house to use. Since the remote for the stick connects by wifi and i'm not connected to their wifi when i first bring it over, will my remote still control the stick so i can connect to their wifi network? Or do i have to control the roku to set up the wifi by using my smart phone roku app to control the stick until wifi is connected and then switch to the remote? naturally the phone being on their network.

Roku Stick +, Roku Express (3900x) ,Roku Ultra (4660RW) .FIOS Quantum modem router, Verizon FIOS 100/100, LG HDTV 42LH90, Pioneer VSX-920 Audio/Video Multi Channel Receiver
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: stick plus remote one a new wifi connection

Jump to solution

It will still be connected to your roku, only if you take the long range wireless receiver along with stick plus. Because that what the remote is communicating with, you can't substitute a regular usb cable for the one that came with it.  Just don't reset a thing with your roku stick.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: stick plus remote one a new wifi connection

Jump to solution

It will still be connected to your roku, only if you take the long range wireless receiver along with stick plus. Because that what the remote is communicating with, you can't substitute a regular usb cable for the one that came with it.  Just don't reset a thing with your roku stick.

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.