Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
entropy
Level 7

roku ultra remote programmable buttons for hulu live tv?

Jump to solution

Parents are making the switch from Cable.  They are trying to decide if the cadillac model (the ultra) is worth it.  It comes down to the functionality of the programmable buttons.  My father is hard of sight, amd if he would be able to, with a button press, load up  hulu and go to the cnbc channel, it would justify the price of the ultra alone.  

If he was able to, with a button press while in hulu go to his channel without having to navigate the channel menu it would also be worth it.  

last question, regardless of remote model would he be able to use voice commands for this sequence as well?  Pressing the big hulu button isnt an issue the big one is navigating the  hulu live tv channel menu to his favorite channel.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Re: roku ultra remote programmable buttons for hulu live tv?

Jump to solution

It will work from where ever you are on the roku, but it always starts from the home screen, it will not take into account you being two levels into an app. And it does not do multiple commands very well, or at all. This remote has a  voice search, it is not voice activated remote. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

It won't work in either case, the roku assumes you on the home screen whenever you do a voice search. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
entropy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok so just to make sure I am understanding how it works:  The programmable buttons are to button map a voice search command (or series of commands).  The voice search only is available from Roku's home screen, and do not work within apps themselves.

Outside of mapping a voice command, the programmable 1 and 2 buttons do not have any other mapping functionality?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 21

Jump to solution

It will work from where ever you are on the roku, but it always starts from the home screen, it will not take into account you being two levels into an app. And it does not do multiple commands very well, or at all. This remote has a  voice search, it is not voice activated remote. 

Edmund

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
entropy
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.  Navigation is the biggest issue I'm having in getting them comfortable with the switch.  Hoping I can find a solution within the app itself, maybe youtube tv will be easier for him.

0 Kudos