Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roku software 11.0.0 build 4180 headphones

Roku updated today with the 11.0.0 build 4180. Now it no longer supports the headphone jack in the remote. Roku is freezing and rebooting anytime the headphones are put into the remote. Not cool. Guess workaround is to use the app, but I actually like the remote feature. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
iFrog
Roku Guru

Re: roku software 11.0.0 build 4180 headphones

I could test it, and see if I have the same results as you.  I have two different Ultra models I can test.

Since I live alone, I have no need for the feature, but will still test it to give feedback.

EDIT: Sorry, thought I still had a set of compatible headphone to test with, but I don't anymore.  My only set of earbuds are lightning, and my only set of over the ear headphones are BT.  Sorry about that.

I might be able to test the BT headphones with the 4800, I think it supports Bluetooth.  Never tried.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

It doesn't.

@bionicsarah, it might help to know the model number of your Roku displayed under Setttings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
iFrog
Roku Guru

I realized that after I read up on Bluetooth support.  Initially I didn't realize Roku limited the support, and didn't just include speakers and headphones like most devices support.

0 Kudos
Tom3holer
Streaming Star

The stick+ that I have does not have a headphone jack so I use my Iphone Roku app and connect vis BT. Works great.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@bionicsarah-

No problem using earphones here.  No freezing or rebooting.

Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (3821), Roku 11.0.0 build 4180-CU
Voice Remote Pro (which has earphone jack)

What model and model number Roku are you using?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos