Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: roku premier remote no volume controls or on/off button

Jump to solution

The amazon Fire stick didn't come up with remote with volume commands until year after roku did, and they just released a brand new fire stick lite, no volume commands:

https://www.amazon.com/fire-tv-stick-lite/dp/B07YNLBS7R/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=fire+stick&qid=...

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I agree! Ridiculous there’s no volume or power button. My other Roku remote does. I will be returning and purchasing an older version I guess. Or just purchasing a Firestick. Just another gimmick to make you purchase more items! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

Lower end Fire sticks don't have tv controls just like Roku's. You can upgrade your remote to wifi voice remote for $20.00, a fire stick replacement remote with tv controls costs $29.99. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

A check of Roku's pages and retailer pages can quickly tell you which models come with which buttons.  (And the box mine came in had 2 pictures of the remote.)  I personally have no use for TV controls on each media player, so that wasn't a feature that interested me, but if it interests you, choose wisely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have both a Firestick and a Roku. They both have power buttons and volume buttons. I don't have a smart TV. I will just return this one and get an older version that does. I'm not understanding the wifi voicwe remote. I have Dish Network and a regular tv. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Don't get stuck on the idea of older.  As mentioned above, if you go old enough, TV controls on the Roku remote wasn't even an option.  It's really a question of which specific model.  (BTW, I don't have a smart TV either.)

Wi-fi remotes don't have to be pointed at the Roku and have features like searching by voice.  (Which you don't have to use.)  Some let you plug headphones into the remote.  None of these features were big deals for me so I went with a very basic model.

Everyone has their own hot-button features.  Some people really want 5Ghz wi-fi, some don't care, some want Ethernet, 4K, etc.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue here. I hope it was clearer in the description. Your solution to purchase another remote makes no sense. Remotes cost around $8, getting the next Roku one model up its $10, so I guess best option it to return the Premier and purchase the next model up

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I'd like to second this comment. i bought a Premiere to replace a 3 year old Roku streaming stick that was overheating and getting wonky. Very disappointed with the chintzy remote - very basic for an item named "Premiere".

0 Kudos