Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IAintNoMensaBut
Reel Rookie

Re: roku premier remote no volume controls or on/off button

Jump to solution

I'm about to order the Roku Sideclick. Some reviews on Amazon said they use it with there Premiere+ remotes. It just snaps onto the side of the remote and you program it with your TV, sound bar, or whatever with the device's remote you want to use volume on (you can program more than one device). It's really a separate IR remote that just clicks onto your Roku remote. $24.99 on Amazon.

Sideclick Universal Remote Attachment for Roku Streaming Player (New Model) 

(https://www.amazon.com/Sideclick-Universal-Remote-Attachment-Streaming/dp/B07D5JDM3N/ref=sr_1_3?dchi...)

roku sideclick.jpg

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

A remote I bought off of amazon should be here tomorrow, it claims to be roku soundbar IR remote, it looks like a roku tv remote, I will see. If it works as it claims, it will not only control roku soundbars but ANY roku that takes IR commands. It has tv controls, I am hoping that those keys are mapped with Roku cec commands. And so will control any tv brand with cec feature. That includes 3700 express, even older roku models going back ten years or so. I have tested a true onn roku soundbar IR remote on very old roku models and they pass on the cec commands to the tv its connected to. I won't link to it until I know for sure it works. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
IAintNoMensaBut
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sorry. Accidentally posted and can't figure out how to delete post.

0 Kudos
Cala
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree you expect normal things on a remote so if it’s not there they should tell you

0 Kudos
Cala
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have 3 rokus only the newer one doesn’t have sound .and I see no difference in performance should of stayed with older one 

0 Kudos
flori1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How can I program it to tv, only ROKU logo shows and unable to use the remote

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@flori1, what do you mean by "only ROKU logo shows"?  Are you referring to the startup animation?  Aren't you seeing the Home Screen with all your installed channels/apps?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

They should warn customers there no volume or on and off button and explain why.  It would just be part of being a responsible company.  

0 Kudos
Datin83

Jump to solution

If I had known before I purchased this.

0 Kudos
fredlave
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Very disappointing. I have to scrable for the original TV remote when I switch from my roof antenna to my streaming service (Youtube TV) as the over the air programs require me to crank up the volume. I also have a Firestick that has voume and ON-OFF controls but I like the Roku screen format better than Amazon's.

0 Kudos