Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: roku premier remote no volume controls or on/off button

Jump to solution

The amazon Fire stick didn't come up with remote with volume commands until year after roku did, and they just released a brand new fire stick lite, no volume commands:

https://www.amazon.com/fire-tv-stick-lite/dp/B07YNLBS7R/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=fire+stick&qid=...

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jewels
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree! Ridiculous there’s no volume or power button. My other Roku remote does. I will be returning and purchasing an older version I guess. Or just purchasing a Firestick. Just another gimmick to make you purchase more items! 

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Lower end Fire sticks don't have tv controls just like Roku's. You can upgrade your remote to wifi voice remote for $20.00, a fire stick replacement remote with tv controls costs $29.99. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Jewels
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have both a Firestick and a Roku. They both have power buttons and volume buttons. I don't have a smart TV. I will just return this one and get an older version that does. I'm not understanding the wifi voicwe remote. I have Dish Network and a regular tv. 

0 Kudos
Eecarpio81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same issue here. I hope it was clearer in the description. Your solution to purchase another remote makes no sense. Remotes cost around $8, getting the next Roku one model up its $10, so I guess best option it to return the Premier and purchase the next model up

0 Kudos
fredlave
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'd like to second this comment. i bought a Premiere to replace a 3 year old Roku streaming stick that was overheating and getting wonky. Very disappointed with the chintzy remote - very basic for an item named "Premiere".

Iorgi

Jump to solution

yes of course we do, those are basic functions of a remote. It's not a special feature, it's a basic function that is part of any remote. Otherwise why have a remote if you can't remotely control a basic feature?

Eecarpio81
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Point is, businesses are supposed to keep their customers happy. Understood, remotes didnt have this feature before, but guess what? That is the whole purpose of marketing research. As more people buy Rokus, you will find out what you guys are missing in terms of providing a product that satisfies customers needs and makes them happy. Power on/off and volume are basic features. We are in the 21st century, why making a product that makes many people disappointed. If 3 years ago this was not an issue with customers with the previous Roku, guess what, it is now. Maybe the Premier version should not even be in the market. Sometimes it is not a good marketing strategy to have so many product lines with one called "Premier" without this basic features. Let the Express be the one without these bottoms, but not a Premier... Companies should evolve to satisfy people wants/needs, so pointing out what it was before 3years ago makes not sense. I guess that is why cube manual TVs are no longer in the market....

Jump to solution

re: the volume control is only since the last 2 years.

this is not true. my roku is at least 6-7 yrs old. It has a volume button and on/off button. someone does not have their facts straight.

Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

A remote with volume keys that old were for the headphone jack on the remote, not for controlling tv volume initially. Later it could be used via hdmi-cec to control certain models of tv. And it did not have a power key. 

Edmund

0 Kudos