Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lin32905
Level 7

roku device not working, help!

I hope someone can help. On my mom's TV the word ROKU keeps floating around, but we can't get to the home screen or do anything. I tried my remote on her TV and I get the same thing, We can't get to the home screen. I can turn the TV on and off that seems to be it. I tried unplugging the Roku device and the USB thing. 

Help! Thank you so much.

Lin

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: roku device not working, help!

@Lin32905 

Thanks for the post.

It looks like your device is stuck on a screensaver. What Roku model device are you using? Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Roku device to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Lin32905
Level 7

Thank you or your answer. I have no idea what device it is. The gentleman who set it all up is very, very ill. He told me he is too ill to even answer questions. I'll have to see if I can find the box it came in . a friend figured out how to update the remote. But later as i was watching a movie, it went back to the home screen on Mom's TV. These remotes were purchased around September.

Not only that but later in the evening, my remote would not even turn on my TV. so he came over and updated or something my remote. But this evening I'm having the same problem again. I wish I had the receipt as I'd demand new remotes. These things are less than a 6 months old. Smiley Sad 

At least when I had cable I could call them on the phone for answers and if that didn't work they'd come out. But there is no number for Roku where you can find someone. 

0 Kudos
Lin32905
Level 7

We are unable to scroll up or down, or get to settings. Help! Sometimes I am able to get to my name, but that's as far as I can get.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Lin32905 

Thanks for the information.

We will need more information about the Roku device before we can assist you further.

Can you provide us with the model number on the Roku device?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos