Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kmac2
Level 8

roku 3900 remote wont work

I have a roku 3900, I just bought a ir remote for it but it does not want to work.

any ideas if i bought the wrong 1

7 Replies
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Re: roku 3900 remote wont work

The only Roku IR remotes that won't work on the roku 3900 are Roku TV remotes, does it have power and volume keys?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kmac2
Level 8

yes it does 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

That means it is Roku tv remote, which uses different IR commands then roku streamer like the express. What is the model number of the remote, its in the battery compartment? Is there a pairing button there?

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kmac2
Level 8

only numbers i see are yy-256 and no pairing button

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

I hoping if there was pairing button, it could have been paired to the 3900, but witout one its just useless to you roku tv remote. Just make sure the next remote doesn't have tv controls, which are only roku tv use. Like the last remote priced at $14.99 on this page:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Or go with a non-roku remote like this universal remote, works with roku boxes, roku TV's, and many other brands of streamer, I like it a lot myself:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/One-For-All-Universal-Remote-Streaming-Control-3-Devices-Stream-Box-TV-Audi...

Will control your tv or sound bar too, and is a learning remote.

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
kmac2
Level 8

seem to be having issues finding remotes on that link. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tivoburkee
Level 16

Works for me, the first link has four remotes listed above one another, you don't what the first three, its the fourth priced at $14.99 listed as Standard IR roku remote.

The second link is to one open box One-For-All urc-7935 Streamer remote, usually going for $24.99, here its $9.99

Edmund
0 Kudos