Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abinik
Level 7

roku 3 remote stopped functioning after utility power outage

Remote has worked fine till now. Following utility power outage (we'd disconnected power cables till after power was restored), now roku won't navigate beyond home page on screen (i.e., up, down, left & right buttons don't work). I tried (several times) unplugging & replugging power cord, to no avail. Also tried holding in reset button just below batteries on remote, also achieved nothing. This particular remote also has A and B buttons on front; a Roku tech once instructed me to hold one of them in (can't remember which) when initially pairing some time back.

We use a wired (ethernet) connection...problem is that, without being able to navigate to settings, I can't check connection...it should be fine, though.

I'm stumped. How do I get the remote to function properly again? Why would having our home's power interrupted make the Roku remote unusable, given that the Roku device itself was unplugged when power was restored?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 15

Re: roku 3 remote stopped functioning after utility power outage

You might try using the Roku app on a smart phone or tablet. This would allow you to access the Roku menus and ensure it still shows the remote paired to the device. Of course, this depends on the Roku being connected to the same network the phone is attached to. Since you are wired to the Roku, that shouldn't be an issue. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos