Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STEVEINBEANTOWN
Level 7

replacing apple tv . can i hide the roku reciever ? will remote work

hey all, quick question can i hide the roku receiver in a cabinet and will the remote work without line of sight ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andyross
Level 15

Re: replacing **bleep** apple tv . can i hide the roku reciever ? will remote work

Roku stick models and higher-end Roku devices use a WiFi remote that should work even if it is not visible. I think even the basic Express will work with a WiFi remote, but it only comes with a basic IR.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Re: replacing **bleep** apple tv . can i hide the roku reciever ? will remote work

For ones that come with a wifi remote, yes. Like the Express+ 2019, Premiere plus 3921, and Roku Ultra. And Roku Stick plus 3810 which can only be controlled via wifi remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 15

I have a plain Express (2018?), and there is a menu entry to pair a remote, so I assume all current models could support one. That said, buying a Roku WiFi remote on it's own is probably as much as an Express itself.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

If the express & express plus are not 3700 series then yes it can be paired with wifi remote. 

Edmund
0 Kudos