Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
STEVEINBEANTOWN
Level 7

replacing apple tv . can i hide the roku reciever ? will remote work

hey all, quick question can i hide the roku receiver in a cabinet and will the remote work without line of sight ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
andyross
Level 16

Re: replacing **bleep** apple tv . can i hide the roku reciever ? will remote work

Roku stick models and higher-end Roku devices use a WiFi remote that should work even if it is not visible. I think even the basic Express will work with a WiFi remote, but it only comes with a basic IR.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: replacing **bleep** apple tv . can i hide the roku reciever ? will remote work

For ones that come with a wifi remote, yes. Like the Express+ 2019, Premiere plus 3921, and Roku Ultra. And Roku Stick plus 3810 which can only be controlled via wifi remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

I have a plain Express (2018?), and there is a menu entry to pair a remote, so I assume all current models could support one. That said, buying a Roku WiFi remote on it's own is probably as much as an Express itself.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If the express & express plus are not 3700 series then yes it can be paired with wifi remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos