Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iblair
Reel Rookie

replacement remote

accidently dropped my remote in my cup of coffee now it doesnt work . can you buy a replacment  and if so where 

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: replacement remote

What is the name and model number of your roku? If it can be paired to a wifi roku remote those can be bought locally from walmart or best buy. If it only takes IR remotes then cheap universal remote would do from taget or the dollar store as long as it lists roku. If its Roku tv, walmart has the One-For-All urc-7935 streamer remote that works great with roku tv's. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
iblair
Reel Rookie

its a roku express  but its the remote   i think the hot coffee fried the insides . i cant get it open as theres no screews to split the two halves

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Roku sells the Simple remote for $14.99:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

But I would go with cheap universal remote, benefit being you would be able to control the tv volume and power along with roku, unlike the your original roku remote and the one above. It could cost under $10. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
renojim

They all come apart.  It just takes the right tools or really good fingernails.  Your easiest option is to get a cheap universal remote that supports Roku.  You can also use the Roku app on your phone as a remote.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: replacement remote at roku

@cann341 

A Roku Express will work with an IR remote. If the remote is not functional, you can replace it with a Roku Simple Remote ($15 online, Walmart, Best Buy, etc) or a cheap universal remote (often <$10, Family Dollar, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc) as long as the device says on packaging that it supports Roku.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

The Walmart sold Onn 6 universal remote is great remote for Roku's, and Roku tv's that accept IR commands, and cheap:

onn. R113663 6-Device Universal Remote - Walmart.com

THe above remote would give you access to discrete commands with use of advanced commands(efc), which are 5-digit codes for individual commands. Like Disney+ or Apple TV? 

Edmund

shajeer_shafna
Reel Rookie

One of the excellent replacement remotes for Roku I found is the General Electric universal remote, which is low-budget and easy to pair with your Roku device with a dedicated 4-digit code. Your Roku streaming device should be IR enabled, but many of the new models come with Bluetooth enabled. 

In addition, you can try alternative replacement remotes such as Sofabaton X1, RCA, Onn remotes, etc.

Regards

Shajeer_Shafna

0 Kudos
ckon9

I will lobby on behalf of the first-party Roku voice remote pro. It's not as cheap as the lesser or third-party remotes, but it does work with Roku TV (mine is a TCL). I bought it solely for the audible lost remote feature after I finally got tired of groping my couches trying to find where the kids managed to lose the remote this time.

Added benefits include a built-in rechargeable battery (never seem have spare AAA's on the charger when I need them) and private listening. Private listening drains the battery kinda quick, and is otherwise available through the phone app, but I find it's useful for the kids to watch with their headphones (so I don't have to hear it).

0 Kudos