Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
25bob
Level 7

remote

Just got the streaming stick + and all is fine except remote will not power on and off--called customer service, they were clueless and said it does not work with all TVS, but I have a Samsung 8 series that's only 3 years old, hard to believe this would not work with it---I do have an external home theater system. Don't care about that but need the power on off to work, any thoughts or help would be appreciated---I followed all the steps, went thru each code but the music never stopped. Remote works well doing everything else...Thx Bob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: remote

Hi Bob, 

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the difficulties you're having getting your remote programmed. For some TV manufacturers, there can be dozens upon dozens of possible codes. Sometimes, you'll need to continue trying different codes until you come to the correct code. See more here: https://support.roku.com/article/360004786894-why-is-my-roku-enhanced-remote-not-controlling-volume-...

As a sidenote, the TV power and volume controls are intended to control TV power and volume. This does not apply to all A/V receivers, and that functionality may not work for that type of device. 

Please keep us posted with what you discover from there. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
25bob
Level 7

how do I automatically launch a channel when I turn on the tv--I have ps vue and when I turn the remote on I want it to go directly there.

Thx
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

"25bob" wrote:
how do I automatically launch a channel when I turn on the tv--I have ps vue and when I turn the remote on I want it to go directly there.

Thx

If you are referring to a Roku TV, you can have it start on broadcast TV or the Roku home page. If you turn the TV off with the OTA channel selected you want when you power back up, then it will be there. But if you mean a Roku channel/app, no there's no way to have the Roku boot and automatically start that channel/app. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos