Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lettohara1970
Level 7

remote wont work, but roku is working

Trying to link my ultra roku remote to my new lg 50un70 4k smart tv. Roku shows up on the hdmi and I can use the remote app by phone. Did all the troubleshooting. Still cant link my renote. No it's not the batteries either. Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote wont work, but roku is working

@Lettohara1970 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: Why is my Roku® enhanced remote not controlling volume and power on my TV?

If you are still unable to resolve your issue, it's possible that @Tivoburkee can provide some further suggestions to get your remote to control your TV.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: remote wont work, but roku is working

You can't get the roku remote to control the tv until its first paired to roku device, in this case the Ultra. Once it paired and controlling the roku, then you can program it for the tv power, volume, and mute, nothing else on the tv. 

If you can't get into the roku settings, unplug the roku power for a bit, get the roku remote ready with battery door off and one battery in. Now plug the power for the roku in and when it stops bouning, put in the other battery and press & hold the pairing button in the battery compartment for 3 seconds and release. Let it commmunicate with the roku. Its alright if the light goes out don't touch a thing until you get confirmation its paired. 

Once paiored and controlling the roku ultra go into settings> remote & devices> remote> remote in use> program tv> follow prompts

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos