Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

remote won't pair with tv

I changed TV out to another Samsung model and my Roku remote will not work at all.

Roku remote is not enhanced; there is no pairing button.  I tried numerous times preforming the instructions to unplug, replace  batteries, etc and still it won't work.

any suggestions please?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: remote won't pair with tv

is it a new TV? a Roku TV?

Model numbers?????

The remote wont control the Roku or just TV or both?

Are you seeing Roku Home on the screen?

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: remote won't pair with tv

A Roku remote without a pairing button is a IR remote. Only wifi roku remotes have tv controls, which means it has to have pairing button in the battery compartment. The only Roku IR remote without a pairing key, and that is not roku tv remote, that will control tv's power & volume is Onn Roku Soundbar IR remote sold at Walmart. It has tv power and volume keys, but the commands mapped to these tv buttons are Roku commands that never change. When a roku that accepts IR commands sees these tv commands it intiates a hdmi-cec pulse sent over the hdmi cable to control whatever brand of tv its connected with, no programming needed. That is if the tv has hdmi-cec feature built-in. 

Edmund