Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahdo
Level 7

remote wifi interferance from neighbor's router

Jump to solution

So my roku remote is intermittently failing to work, which is super annoying, and it seems to be because of interferance from my neighbor's wifi router, which is at 2.4ghz. i'm not on good terms with my neighbor, so i can't go over and ask him to give me access to his router so i that i can switch it to channel 11 or something out of the way, so is there any way i can reset my remote to use something other than channel 1 which is seems to insist on (according to the wireless secret screen)?

if not, i guess that means the roku is unusable so it will have to be returned, since i don't want to use my smart phone as a remote. 

any help or suggestions most appreciated... should i try a "chip reset" on the wireless screen? i have no idea what these options do...

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Level 21

Re: remote wifi interferance from neighbor's router

Jump to solution

Which model number Roku and how is it connected to your router?  If it's WiFi, it will use the same channel for the remote as it uses for its connection.  If it's wired, you could try a wireless connection temporarily and then go back to wired.  That may move the remote to a different channel, but some people claim it causes interference with their other wireless devices.

-JT

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 11

Jump to solution

If you have a smartphone or tablet you could use the roku remote app. The roku and remote just need to be on the same home network and signals are sent through the network. Its a free option worth trying.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ

0 Kudos
5 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Jump to solution

Which model number Roku and how is it connected to your router?  If it's WiFi, it will use the same channel for the remote as it uses for its connection.  If it's wired, you could try a wireless connection temporarily and then go back to wired.  That may move the remote to a different channel, but some people claim it causes interference with their other wireless devices.

-JT

0 Kudos
dgrace
Level 11

Jump to solution

If you have a smartphone or tablet you could use the roku remote app. The roku and remote just need to be on the same home network and signals are sent through the network. Its a free option worth trying.

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ

0 Kudos
rahdo
Level 7

Jump to solution

yup, looks like smartphone might have to be the answer... disappointing, as i prefer to feel the buttons! Smiley Sad

thanks everybody...

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Level 20

Jump to solution

If your roku isn't a stick, you could get an IR Roku or universal remote for it?

Edmund
0 Kudos
rahdo
Level 7

Jump to solution

sadly it is a stick Smiley Sad

0 Kudos