Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twinkles4
Level 7

remote still not working after updates

after roku updates I started to have issues with my voice remote . I see that roku knows about the issues and I found in support the steps to try and get your voice remote to work again . I went through all steps of how to get your voice remote to work and nothing works . I have only had this roku maybe 6 months too . does anyone know how to get the voice remote to work again ? I even went as far as to unlink the roku and relink it but still nothing works . HELP PLEASE ANYONE !!!!

thanks for listening and any help 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote still not working after updates

@twinkles4

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing with your remote? Are you unable to use certain functions with the remote or are you unable to use the remote completely?

We would recommend taking a look a the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Old-Bill
Level 9

Hi @twinkles4,

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but . . . I think RokuDanny-R knows what your problem is. Check the thread, "Re: UPDATE: Did your Roku remote lose volume and TV control after the latest update? Check here!" You'll see, regardless of how concerned he sounded when he replied to you, he hasn't replied to the hundreds of us on that thread.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
twinkles4
Level 7

Hi Danny-r , thank you for replying . My remote first quit being able to use voice command and then the sound and then all together nothing works on it . Like i was saying i tried everything that was suggested . I didn’t not think about the router changes . I know it’s set for both 2.4 Gh and 5gh and like it said the roku goes to the 2.4 gh. I would prefer the 5 gh  so i will work on that this weekend . Will let y’all know what the remote does or doesn’t do . 

Thanks again 

twinkles4

0 Kudos
twinkles4
Level 7

Hi old-bill, thank you for the reply and letting me know . I am going to try the router to change settings and then go from there 

thank you 

twinkles4

0 Kudos