Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ashann830
Level 7

remote-less

Roku has been packed away for a long time, we just got wi-fi again and now im trying to hook it back up but I dont have the original remote& i cant use the remote feature through the app without the device being on the same network. How can I connect my roku to my new internet without the original remote to begin with?

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: remote-less

Sorry, but you will need a remote. That's if there is one for your model, i f its purple stick then you're out of luck it isn't available anymore. Smiley Sad What is the model of your roku?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Sirnoise
Level 7

I have the same issue, my model is 2400X, am I out of luck as well?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

No, the 2400 can be controlled by simple roku IR remote, or a cheap universal remote from the dollar store or target. Second one down, the $14.99 simple remote on this page:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Edmund

0 Kudos
jenkh
Level 7

I have the 3500X and the remote is lost and I have another wifi and don't know the old one.  What can I do?

Jennifer

0 Kudos
twiceover
Level 13

You need to buy a new remote for your unit.  It will not use an IR remote or be controlled by the phone app until it is on wifi.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

There isn't any remotes available to control 3500 stick anymore, replace the roku, what is offered to you on this page:

https://my.roku.com/upgrade/

Do you see the Express+ for $15? Go for it. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@jenkh 

Thanks for the inquiry.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos