Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

remote for the 3800 streaming stick is junk

I'm sorry but for the first time I'm seriously disappointed in a Roku product. The point anywhere remote that comes with the 3800 stick is a complete fail! I'm on my second remote and it constantly stops working! It's pretty much useless! I've been through all the troubleshooting steps multiple times and it continues to hang up or stop working all together. If I didn't have the remote app on my phone I wouldn't be able to use the device at all! At this point I'm ready to return the device yet again and go with a standard IR remote which doesn't have the problems that this one does. It will certainly be A LOT less frustrating!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: remote for the 3800 streaming stick is junk

You do know that 3800 stick can't be controlled by an IR remote? No Stick can. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted

yes I was saying I'm going to return the 3800 and buy a different one

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 19

Did you try the HDMI extension cable?  It always seemed to me that putting a device behind a TV that almost certainly generates RF interference is a bad idea.  Just one reason I've always avoided the sticks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No I haven't. It seems crazy that I'd have to buy an additional item to make it work. I have 2 other sticks on TV's in the house that aren't an issue. The difference is the model. 

0 Kudos