Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

remote for streaming stick 3500r and can't connect to new router with Roku app

The remote for our Roku streaming stick 3500r stopped working last year so we downloaded the Roku app for our iPhone and have been using that fine.  We recently installed an eero mesh router system for our house.  We have a Roku Premiere and that was read fine by the new router and that remote still works fine.  The 3500r was not read by the new router.  So we can't connect it to the internet via our Roku app.  We are stuck in limbo.  The remote doesn't work and the app doesn't work and we can't connect it to the internet.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: remote for streaming stick 3500r and can't connect to new router with Roku app

All roku's initial need a real remote to enter your network name and password for your internet. Cellphone app won't work unless its set to the same internet credentials as the roku. In the case of the 3500 stick there is no replacement remotes available anymore. Live with your premiere, or replace the 3500 stick with another model, sorry. 

If you didn't reset the roku stick, if you can change the network name and password on the new router to match your old router you might be able to control the 3500 stick with cellphone app. 

Edmund
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: remote for streaming stick 3500r and can't connect to new router with Roku app

@g1meg 

Thanks for the note.

We no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your Roku device (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Are the ones on Amazon being sold not legit then? We moved, the remote no longer works, we have a different network, so same problem as the last lady. I was just about to order it. I’ll wait. Please let me know. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

I say 99% of the remotes on ebay will not work on your 3500 stick, and the 3500 isn't worth the aggravation, just buy a new roku. No other roku model's remote will work on the 3500, only the model that came with it, they never made replacements for them. If you want take a chance, a remote model that came with 3500 is the rc41. 

Edmund
0 Kudos