Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rims
Level 7

remote control keeps draining

my remoter control keeps on dying as the batteries keep on draining , i am going through 2 sets per month , and i know this is not normal , please can the roku staff tell me what to do , here i know that this is a problem , 

what's the answer ? its not normal , 

regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: remote control

Can you please provide some additional information? What model Roku do you have? How long have you had it? If it's so equipped, do you use the headphone jack for private listening?

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rims
Level 7

hi its model 3810EU

serial yh0025648720

no i don't use it for anything but channels etc , no private listening or even voice command , 

had it for about 1 year or so 

thanks 

0 Kudos
atc98092

OK, that's the Streaming Stick+, so it's a WiFi Direct remote. That model was released about 3 years ago, so not terribly old. We'll have to let @RokuDanny-R assist you from here. Chances are it's a defective remote. One user with a different model Roku had success by doing a factory reset, but I don't believe his Roku was a Stick. I hate suggesting doing that except as a last resort. 

Dan

0 Kudos
rims
Level 7

ok thanks , so do i wait for his response ? 

regards

0 Kudos
atc98092

Yes, he should be online later this morning. I don't know what time zone he works from. 

Dan

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@rims 

Thanks for the posts.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos