Remotes & Accessories

Help with Roku remotes and accessories, including pairing a remote, setting up TV power & volume control, using voice commands, power adapters, cables, headphones, and wireless speaker accessories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MAL74
Level 7

rc al2

Hello-

I currently have a rc al2 remote with a pairing button. My dog has decided this is one of her favorite chew toys. So now I need a replacement. Do I have to replace with another rc al2 remote? I see several options out there that physically look like the rc al2 but have different options for the buttons rc al2 has Netflix Sling Hulu ATT Now. Other remotes have different combinations and are similar. Do these mater at all?  How important is the pairing button?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: rc al2

I would upgrade to RC-AL7 that has a MUTE. Its what Roku sells, the voice remote for $19.99:

https://www.roku.com/products/accessories/player

Or from amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Roku-RCAL7R-Voice-Remote-New/dp/B07WVFCKSS/ref=pd_ybh_a_18?_encoding=UTF8&psc...

The pairing button is very important for Roku Sticks which only respond to Wifi remotes. And only Wifi remotes have tv controls, IR remotes do not. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jasperquick
Level 7

Wrong there is a aftermarket remote that is IR that has TV ON/Volume/Mute and is sold on Amazon

Amazon.com: Amaz247 Universal ROKU IR Learning Remote for All Roku Player and Roku TV, Compatible wi... 

It comes with most major manufactures codes built in but can be used with a stock remote to learn the buttons I did it on a Toshiba. I have six of the remotes for Samsung, Toshiba and Vizio TV's.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

This thread is about roku oem remotes, and not aftermarket universal remotes. The thread title is Roku remote model number!!  Stock Roku remotes only wifi remotes have tv controls, unless it was a Roku TV IR oem remote. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos